Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Week 2 - Day 5

I'm tired.

Josh woke up - by mistake - at 4 am. He went back to bed and so did I. I feel into a deep, deep sleep. Some kind of alarm buzzed a while later. Did not want to get up, but a little voice whispered, "It's time to run." Not-a-morning-person-Ruth held onto the pillow with a fierce hold and grumbled. "It's time to run."

It wasn't my voice. It was Josh's. How can this child be such a morning person? I drag (literally) myself out of bed. I can do this. I can overcome tiredness. I can overcome NOT being a morning person. I will run. Just do it. Wow, I'm becoming a Nike ad. Must be the clothes.

Look outside. Did you see the big beautiful moon this morning? Gorgeous. Check the temperature. Significantly warmer this morning--at least 15 to 20 degrees.

I get to the park. It's windy on one side. I hate doing anything in the wind. Wind is annoying. The sunrise was equally beautiful. I walk. I run. I walk. I run. I walk. Two elderly women have started walking. It's time to run. I'm too close to the ladies and they're spread out across the path. I'm afraid of startling them. At last, one turns and notices me and they scrunch closer together. I take off. Yeah--imagine a jet starting up. Whoosh. I said imagine.

I came home (showered, ate) and tied weights to my feet. Those would be my steel toed shoes. Went to work and picked up 3,268 pounds. Really. I hefted 76 boxes that weigh 43 pounds each. I think I got enough of a work out today.

I tired.

1 comment:

  1. You're making me tired. Great job getting up. You are a Nike ad.

    ReplyDelete