Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Day 2

Woke up at 5:00 and drank a lot of water. One tip I read was that it's important to be and stay hydrated; to drink 16 to 24 ounces of water about an hour or two before running, pee, and then drink a little more before starting. Now I don't think people who run first thing in the morning get up an hour or two earlier just to drink their water, but I'll have to talk to some morning runners.

But I drank my water and went back to bed for another 45 minutes. Yes, I got up at 5:45 again!

Josh wanted to go with me today. It was nice enough outside to go around the neighborhood, but he wanted to go to the mall and see what it was like. This time I remembered to set my watch and was more attuned to the warm up and cool down periods. There were more people at the mall today--several cleaning people, a couple more walkers and the ice rink was open for skaters to train. Josh said he liked going with me and it was fun to have him along.

This afternoon, however, we were playing wiffleball and I twisted my leg. My ankle, knee and thigh were hurting. Not bad, but I really hope it doesn't eaffect* me on Friday. (*can't remember if it's a or e, so you got both)

Okay, no more playing. This is serious stuff.

1 comment:

  1. I'm impressed - you got up to drink water? Who does that, unless you were thirsty?

    ReplyDelete