Thursday, April 8, 2010

Where I'd Go?

It's been a crazy busy week since my last post. Had a record-breaking number of shipments to leave the warehouse. Josh was off school Friday and Monday. Bud left for Nawlins. There was LOTS to do. Just call me the queen of excuses. No, they are valid reasons.

Although I didn't walk/run on Friday, I did go on a bicycle ride with Josh. In my book, that counts.

Saturday I went to work and pulled a muscle/strained my back. And I was even wearing a back support at the time. Go figure. The rest of Saturday and Sunday were not good. Bending over was nearly impossible. Monday was better but I had to take it easy. Tuesday was better still, but not quite. Wednesday we woke up at 4:00 am to take Bud to the airport and the rest of the day just evaporated. Went to bed at 8:30 pm.

On Easter of course, I shoveled candy into my mouth. Two pounds lost turned to two pounds gained right back. Better than two pounds up I guess. Darn those Peeps.

So here I am. Thursday. Back on track. Sort of. Supposed to be on two minute runs this week, but I reset and did one minute runs again.

I have discovered the most amazing thing during running. Whatever is flabby on my body is amplified by a hundred when brought to movement. UGH! Wow, I didn't know some parts could move like that. I'm an ugly mix of two ads--Jello and Nike. I'm taking those Peeps out for target practice.

See you this weekend.

2 comments:

  1. You sure are funny. I can totally relate to the flab being amplified by a hundred. Can you believe I did not have ONE Peep at Easter? I did eat one over a month ago at Rita's though, does that still count? They weren't stale enough so I only had one, or maybe two.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohmygosh, you are hysterical! Can you hear me laughing??!! Peeps for target practice! I am just as bad. I gave up sweets for Lent and somehow managed to make it 40 whole days without any candy, cake, ice cream. However, Easter bunny left jelly beans in Frank's basket and Frank doesn't care for jelly beans so guess who at the whole bag - and in record time! Maybe we could use jelly beans as bb shot to kill the peeps!

    ReplyDelete