Sunday, April 11, 2010

Back on Track

Saturday morning I thought I'd try out the track at the high school, but I saw a bus full of baseball players getting off, so I went to Howdershell Park again. I was surpised to see only one other person at the park. There were way more people there on Thursday morning. Guess everyone was home mowing their lawns.

I have my routine down at the park. Walk a half lap to warm up, stop at the picnic bench to stretch, begin my faster walk and nine minutes later start my run, walk, run, walk, run, slow down my pace to cool off, go to my truck and stretch, drive home.

My one minute runs were a little easier this time, but I can't imagine running for 30. I've been noticing a lot more runners on the streets and they seem to be effortlessly jogging along. This training may take longer than 12 weeks. Already, I'm a week off. I should be starting my three minute runs tomorrow, but I'm only at two.

There must be a fine line between pushing myself and pushing too hard. Where is that line? Will I know it before going past it? Or will I look back as the paramedics carry me away and say, yep, there it was.

1 comment:

  1. You just have to be careful, but I think you will know how far you can push yourself... maybe? He he he, that helped!

    ReplyDelete