Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Last Week

Last week I ran on Tuesday and Thursday. I was discouraged but sister Lynn gave me an inspiring story about a runner who only lost three pounds but lost five sizes. Guess that fat into muscle thing worked for her. So maybe that's my thing too. I have noticed my pants (some of them anyway) are a tad looser. So I could deal with the number on the scale if the number in my pants--wait, that doesn't sound right at all--well you know, the pants size went down.


Just to change things up, I went the opposite direction at the park. That worked well because everyone else was going counter-clockwise. I went clock-wise this time. I liked that better because I didn't have to try to speed up to get past someone. Or startle someone by running up behind them.

Imagine a large rectangle with a more or less rounded corner rectangle inside of it. That's the layout of the track around Howdershell Park. I managed to run from one corner down the long side to the other corner. Not a half lap, but the length of it. That was the farthest I've managed to run so far. It felt pretty good.

I did the same thing on Thursday.

Maybe I am making some progress.

1 comment:

  1. You are making progress every time you get out there and move. Keep at it and pretty soon I'll be jealous because you'll be like Sue and I'll have to wallow in self-pity all by myself :-)

    ReplyDelete